FIRE SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN IN KABUL
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldFire Systems Technician
Reports to: AEK Fire Systems Supervisor
Performance Location:The individual filling this position will be supporting on a contract for the US Department of State and working at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan. Periodic travel with extended overnight stays may be required while working on related DOS projects in Afghanistan. Percentage of travel will vary significantly but on average is expected to be less than 10% of the total time.
Working Environment: The candidate will work on construction and maintenance sites including exposure to the dangers inherent with working on and traveling to such sites.
Work Schedule: This position works ten hours/day six days a week minimum. The candidate is on-call 24/7, participates in a duty phone rotation and must be willing to quickly respond to all critical issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, install and modernize fire alarm systems and equipment in office residential and other related facilities at the American Embassy in Kabul.
- Troubleshoot, locate and diagnose fire alarm system alarms and malfunctions using test equipment.
- Repair fire alarm malfunctions as needed including programing modifications.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, install and repair fiber optic cabling including terminations.
- Inspect circuits for specified shielding and grounding.
- Actively assist O&M team with operation, maintenance and repair of interior fire sprinkler systems.
- Ability and willingness to learn new and different fire life safety systems.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Experience and Qualification Levels:
- Five years experience installing, troubleshooting and maintaining major manufacturers’ fire alarm systems.
- Five years experience with Notifier and Siemens fire alarm systems is preferred.
- Hands on experience analyzing situations and making frequent technical decisions based on specifications and applicable codes.
- Working knowledge of current building, fire and life safety codes as related to fire protection systems.
- Working knowledge of fire sprinkler systems and related controls.
- Knowledge in the discipline of operations and maintenance projects in an international environment is preferred.
- Collect, analyze and summarize data and prepare daily reports and work orders.
- Demonstrated good organizational and communication skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Experience in an OCONUS environment and ability to work effectively with
multi-cultural workforce is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree in electrical engineering, construction management or related field is preferred.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English including building diagrams and technical manuals.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to effectively communicate with employees, management and the client.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Active National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level II certification or above.
- Current training certifications for major fire alarm systems. Certifications on Siemens and Notifier systems is preferred.
To Apply this Job, attach your CV here Send direct to recruiter.