MHE Foreman – OCONKANDAHAR, Afghanistan
The Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Foreman is responsible for installation MHE operations in support of assigned program. The MHE Foreman will have responsibility for a team of MHE operators operating cranes, container handlers, and fork lifts at transportation nodes.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Supervise the coordination of MHE assets, safe loading and unloading of cargo, determine work schedules, collect and track operational metrics, and execute the safety and quality plans.
- Determine work schedules and assign MHE missions.
- Manage a fleet of forklifts, container handlers and cranes, schedule necessary maintenance to ensure operational readiness.
- Ensure safety policies are effectively executed.
- Perform annual training as required for efficiency and compliance.
- As available, develop or train personnel on all aspects of MHE operations.
- Oversee the support needed for audits conducted pertinent to project controls.
- Perform special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Skill and knowledge of staging yard operations, equipment maintenance, and safety with forklifts, cranes and container handlers is required.
- Skill and knowledge in preparing asset utilization reports and safety reports.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Army and other military services, commercial agencies, and host nation elements.
- Past skills in organizing and supervising the equipment operators
- Possesses the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, department directors, DCAA auditors, and USG customers.
- Displays good skills at measurement.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum four (4) years of supervising equipment operation related knowledge and/or training.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Job: *Building Construction / Skilled Trades
Title: MHE Foreman
To Apply this Job, attach your CV here Send direct to recruiter.